In today’s digital age, having a successful online store means going above and beyond to engage with your customers. One effective way to do this is by adding an email pop up to your Shopify store. An email pop up is a form that appears on your website and prompts visitors to provide their email address in exchange for exclusive offers, discounts, or updates. In this article, we will explore why email pop ups are essential for your Shopify store, the benefits they offer, and how you can easily add one to your store.
Email pop ups are a powerful tool for growing your email list and building a loyal customer base. They provide a direct and effective way to capture leads and stay in touch with your audience. By adding an email pop up to your Shopify store, you can significantly increase your chances of converting visitors into subscribers and ultimately, customers.
A well-designed and strategically placed email pop up can capture the attention of your website visitors, enticing them to take action and provide their email address. With their permission, you can then nurture these leads through targeted email campaigns, driving traffic back to your store and increasing sales.
Implementing email pop ups on your Shopify store can bring a range of benefits. Let’s take a closer look at some of the key advantages:
1. Increased conversions: Email pop ups are proven to be highly effective in capturing visitors’ attention and encouraging them to take action. By enticing visitors with compelling offers or incentives, you can boost your conversion rates significantly.
2. Building a quality email list: Email pop ups allow you to collect the email addresses of interested visitors who are more likely to engage with your brand. This means you can build a high-quality email list that is more likely to convert into paying customers.
3. Personalized marketing: Email pop ups provide you with valuable information about your subscribers, such as their interests, preferences, or purchase history. This data enables you to segment your email campaigns and send personalized, targeted messages, resulting in higher engagement and conversions.
4. Repeat business and customer loyalty: By keeping in touch with your subscribers through regular email communication, you can encourage repeat purchases, foster customer loyalty, and increase customer lifetime value.
Email pop ups come in different types and formats, each serving a specific purpose. Let’s explore some of the most common types:
1. Entry Pop Ups: Entry pop ups appear immediately upon a visitor arriving on your website. They are attention-grabbing and can be effective in capturing emails from visitors who may be leaving your site without making a purchase.
2. Exit Intent Pop Ups: Exit intent pop ups are triggered by the user’s mouse movement when they are about to leave your website. They give you a last chance to offer an incentive or provide valuable information to encourage visitors to stay or complete a purchase.
3. Timed Pop Ups: Timed pop ups are set to appear after a certain period of time or after a specific action has been taken on your website. They allow you to engage with your visitors without interrupting their browsing experience too soon.
4. Scroll Pop Ups: Scroll pop ups are triggered when a visitor scrolls a certain percentage of the way down a page. They are a subtle way to capture attention and prompt action from engaged visitors.
The choice of email pop up type depends on your specific goals and audience. Experimentation and A/B testing can help you determine which type works best for your Shopify store.
When it comes to selecting an email pop up tool for your Shopify store, there are numerous options available. Consider the following factors to choose the right tool:
1. Integration with Shopify: Ensure that the email pop up tool seamlessly integrates with your Shopify store. This will make it easier to set up and manage your pop ups without any technical hurdles.
2. Customization and Design: Look for a tool that offers a wide range of customizable templates and design options. This will allow you to create pop ups that match your brand identity and resonate with your target audience.
3. Targeting and Segmentation: A good email pop up tool should provide advanced targeting features, allowing you to display pop ups to specific segments of your audience based on their behavior, location, or referral source.
4. Analytics and Reporting: Opt for a tool that provides comprehensive analytics and reporting capabilities. This will help you track the performance of your pop ups, identify areas for improvement, and optimize your conversion rates.
5. Compatibility with Email Marketing Software: If you already use an email marketing software, ensure that the email pop up tool integrates seamlessly with it. This will enable you to sync your new email sign-ups with your existing email list effortlessly.
Doing thorough research and reading customer reviews can help you make an informed decision and choose the perfect email pop up tool for your Shopify store.
Now that you understand the importance of email pop ups and the benefits they bring, let’s dive into the process of adding one to your Shopify store. Here is a step-by-step guide to get you started:
Step 1: Choose an Email Pop Up Tool
As discussed earlier, select an email pop up tool that meets your requirements and integrates well with Shopify. Consider factors like customization options, targeting features, and compatibility with your email marketing software.
Step 2: Sign up and Connect Your Shopify Store
Follow the sign-up process for the chosen email pop up tool, and connect it to your Shopify store. This typically involves granting permission and authorizing the tool to access your store’s data.
Step 3: Design Your Email Pop Up
Once connected, explore the customization options provided by the tool. Design your email pop up to match your brand identity and capture visitors’ attention effectively. Pay attention to copywriting and use compelling language to entice visitors to subscribe.
Step 4: Set Up Targeting and Triggers
Configure the targeting and triggering options for your email pop up. Decide when and where you want it to appear, considering factors like time on site, scroll behavior, or exit intent. Take advantage of the tool’s advanced targeting features to display relevant pop ups to specific audience segments.
Step 5: Connect with Your Email Marketing Software
If you are using an email marketing software, configure the integration between the email pop up tool and your email service provider. This will ensure that new email sign-ups are automatically added to your existing email list.
Step 6: Preview and Publish
Before going live, preview your email pop up to ensure it looks and functions as intended. Make any necessary adjustments to the design, targeting, or triggers. Once you are satisfied with the setup, publish and activate the pop up on your Shopify store.
Congratulations! You have successfully added an email pop up to your Shopify store.
While the functionality and targeting of your email pop up are crucial, the design and appearance play a significant role in capturing visitors’ attention and encouraging them to subscribe. Here are some tips for customizing the design and appearance of your email pop up:
1. Brand Consistency: Ensure that your email pop up aligns with your brand’s visual identity. Use your brand colors, typography, and logo to create a consistent and cohesive look.
2. Clear and Compelling Copy: Craft concise and persuasive copy that clearly communicates the value proposition of subscribing to your emails. Use action-oriented language and showcase the benefits visitors will receive by signing up.
3. Eye-Catching Images: Incorporate visually appealing images or illustrations that resonate with your target audience and convey the benefits they can expect from your emails.
4. Mobile-Friendly Design: Optimize your email pop up for mobile devices as a significant portion of your website visitors may be accessing your store on smartphones or tablets. Ensure that it displays properly and is easy to interact with on smaller screens.
5. Minimalist Approach: Keep the design simple and uncluttered to avoid overwhelming your visitors. Use white space strategically to highlight important elements and make your call-to-action stand out.
By paying attention to these design aspects, you can create an email pop up that not only captures attention but also effectively communicates your brand’s value to your visitors.
One of the most effective ways to entice visitors to subscribe to your email list is by offering irresistible incentives. Creating valuable and enticing offers will significantly increase your chances of capturing their email addresses. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Discounts and Promotions: Provide exclusive discounts or limited-time promotions to subscribers. This can encourage hesitant visitors to take the leap and make a purchase, knowing they are getting a special deal.
2. Free Ebooks or Guides: Offer free downloadable resources, such as ebooks, guides, or whitepapers, that provide valuable information or tips related to your products or industry. This not only showcases your expertise but also provides an incentive for visitors to join your email list.
3. Contests and Giveaways: Run contests or giveaways where subscribers have a chance to win exciting prizes. This creates excitement and encourages visitors to sign up to participate.
4. Early Access to New Products or Content: Give subscribers exclusive early access to new products, collections, or content before they are available to the general public. This makes them feel valued and part of an exclusive group.
5. Free Shipping: Offer free shipping for first-time customers who subscribe to your email list. This can be a compelling incentive, especially for visitors who are hesitant to pay for shipping charges.
Remember to make your offer compelling and clearly communicate the value visitors will receive by subscribing. Use persuasive language and highlight the benefits they can expect from being part of your email list.
Writing compelling copy on your email pop up is essential in capturing visitors’ attention and enticing them to sign up. Follow these best practices to create persuasive copy:
1. Keep it Concise: Keep your copy concise and to the point. Visitors may not spend a lot of time reading long paragraphs, so focus on the most relevant information and benefits.
2. Use Clear and Action-Oriented Language: Clearly communicate what visitors will receive by subscribing to your emails and what action they need to take. Use actionable verbs to prompt them to take the desired action, such as “Join now” or “Get started.”
3. Showcase the Benefits: Highlight the benefits subscribers will gain from being part of your email list. Clearly outline what they will learn, receive, or achieve through your emails.
4. Create a Sense of Urgency: Use language that creates a sense of urgency, encouraging visitors to sign up right away. Include phrases like “Limited time offer” or “Exclusive access for a limited number of subscribers.”
5. A/B Test Different Copy: Experiment with different copy variations to see which one resonates best with your audience. A/B testing can help you determine which language and messaging lead to higher conversion rates.
Remember to keep your copy aligned with your brand’s tone and voice, and constantly tweak and refine it based on the feedback and results you receive.
Integrating your email pop up with your email marketing software is essential for seamless automation and management of your subscribers. Follow these steps to ensure a smooth integration:
1. Choose a Compatible Email Marketing Software: Select an email marketing software that is compatible with your email pop up tool. Popular options include Mailchimp, Klaviyo, or Constant Contact.
2. Configure the Integration: In your email pop up tool settings, look for the integration options and select or connect your email marketing software. Follow the provided instructions to authorize the connection.
3. Sync Subscriber Data: Configure the syncing options to ensure that new email sign-ups are automatically added to your email marketing software. This will save you time and effort in manually exporting and importing subscriber lists.
4. Set Up Automation: Take advantage of the automation features provided by your email marketing software. Create welcome emails or automated sequences that are triggered when someone subscribes, ensuring a personalized and engaging experience from the start.
5. Test the Integration: Before launching your email pop up, perform a test to ensure that new subscribers are being successfully added to your email marketing software. Double-check that all the necessary data, such as names and email addresses, is properly captured.
By integrating your email pop up with your email marketing software, you can seamlessly manage and nurture your subscribers, ensuring they receive timely and relevant email communication from your store.
The placement and timing of your email pop up play a crucial role in its effectiveness. Here are some best practices to optimize these factors: